Re: Switch contents in the same window

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 10:11 +0200, David NeÄas (Yeti) wrote:
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:10:57AM +0200, omar crea jusan it wrote:
How can I switch two contents in the same main window?
I have a tabbed application, and I want to create a searching page where, when I
click the "find" button, it switches and showes the search results, and when I
click the "Back" button it returns to the searching page again (for a new
search).

Look at GtkAssistant.

I've not had any replies to my query regarding GtkAssistant, which has
some tangential relevance to this suggestion.

Is there an accepted way of finishing on a button which isn't a stock
apply or close? (I believe if the OP were to use GtkAssistant, they may
want to replace the stock "Forward" button on their search page with a
"Find" button, for example. The C API exposes these GtkWidgets as part
of its public structure, but the PyGTK binding doesn't.

As it is, I've not found the GTK assistant API sufficiently helpful to
warrant its GTK 2.10+ dependency, unfortunately the software suite I'm
writing for has to build on GTK 2.4+ (accepting some features may be
degraded / absented with #ifdef).

Regards,

Peter Clifton