Re: Signal emission in multi-threading environment

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 20:07 +0800, Ben Lau wrote:
hi all,

   I am implementing a GObject (a simple video player) that creates a
GStreamer pipeline for video processing. Soon it receives a new
GstBuffer of video frame from the pipeline, it will emit a signal. As
GStreamer processes the pipeline with multiple threads.  The signal
handler may not be involved inside the main thread. If my GObject
calls g_signal_emit() within the handler, then client's callback
function may also not be involved from the main thread.

If you tell all your threads except the main thread to ignore the
signal, won't the signal only be caught by the main thread?

  // Wally

--
Wallace Owen L-3Com com
Office: 619.278.2084