Re: Changing a style property?

You may want to look over the documentation of GtkRcStyle, resource files (.rc files for themes).

The "style" property of a widget is a GtkStyle object. There is no "shadow-type" property of a widget.

These are typically not used by the developer. We leave this stuff up to the theme. If we want a specific look (such as a touchscreen application) then we just write our own theme or resource file.

Read more at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.12/gtk-Resource-Files.html#GtkRcStyle

- Micah Carrick

 Developer - http://www.micahcarrick.com
 GTK+ Forums - http://www.gtkforums.com

Andrew Smith wrote:
Andrew Smith a écrit :
Hi

Can someone tell me how to change the 'style property' (as it's called in the reference manual) of a gtkwidget?

Specifically right now I'm looking to change the 'shadow-type' property of gtkmenubar, gtktoolbar, and gtkcombobox. They look like crap on vista.

I tried a g_object_set() but that says 'object class gtkmenubar has no property named shadow-type'.

I can't find anything in the manual describing how to work with style properties, only some vague references to themes here and there. I would prefer to not have a theme, but I will write one if I have to, in which case would you please point me to a guide or a reference?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Sorry for the spam, but I just can't believe noone on the list knows how to deal with this.

Does my question not make sense? I can try and rephrase.

Please help,

Andrew