From: Dan H <dunno stoptrick com>
To: gtk-app-list <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 7:54:29 AM
Subject: Need 2D data display widget

Hello folks,

I need a way to quickly display some 2D datasets in a graph. I don't
 need any editing functions or other interactivity, just two axes with
 some ticks and tick labels and a bunch of datapoints connected by lines.

I've found the GtkPlot stuff from GtkExtra. The possibilities seem to
 be awesome and go way beyond my needs; however, I couldn't find any
 systematic API documentation. I've tried dissecting the example programs,
 but they are overfreighted with features and I'm completely stumped
 trying to do the most basic data display. Essentially everything just keeps
 segfaulting all over the place without useful diagnostics.

I'm sure I could figure all this out if I had a week or two, but maybe
 there is a simpler solution.

Thanks,
--D.