Removing label from radiobutton

Hello,

I'm using Glade-2 to build a GTK interface: I made an array of radiobuttons, and Glade always creates them
using gtk_radio_button_new_with_mnemonic. I don't want the buttons labelled, so I set the label to "", but
the button is still slightly asymmetric because of the empty label.

I tried to use gtk_button_set_label(button, NULL) in a "cleanup routine" but this doesn't change anything.

Is there a way to really get the label out of the button?

Thanks,
--D.