Re: HICON to GdkPixbuf

Does anyone have ideas about how to convert such an HICON to a GdkPixbuf?

There is code in gdk/win32 to do that, check the function
gdk_win32_icon_to_pixbuf_libgtk_only() in gdk/win32/gdkcursor-win32.c
in GTK+. This is an internal function so you aren't supposed to call
it. But as it is in libgdk, and is called by libgtk, it is in fact
exported, so you *can* call it. Include <gdk/gdkwin32.h> for the
prototype.

As it is an internal function, its API could change at any time, and
the function could disappear even. (Although I don't see any immediate
reason why its protype would change or it would disappear.) If the
LGPL license of the GTK+ code is compatible with your application's
license it probably is a better idea to just lift the code into your
application.

Actually, I guess one could argue this is a useful function that
should exist as a public (even if platform-specific) API, in
libgdk-pixbuf.

--tml