Re: A little compiler issue

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 00:04 +0100, RafaÅ MuÅyÅo wrote:
It's not quite gtk related, but do any of you know how to fix a problem
with G_LOCK/G_UNLOCK producing strict aliasing warnings with -O2 ?
I'm looking for a real solution, not something to silence warnings, like
-fno-strict-aliasing ? It seems that there was once a similar problem
(bug 316221) but bugzilla seems to be either down or otherwise
unaccessible, so I can't compare with my problem.

I presume you're system is x86_64? I asked the same question in July:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-July/msg00038.html

The executive summary for the thread is that it's an incorrect cast in
GLib that only affects x86_64 with optimizations turned on. Likely
you'll have to live with or disable the warnings until 64-bit systems
become common enough that this bites someone with the wherewithall to
track down the proper source of the problem in GLib.

-Alan