Re: How to get the titles for all top level windows

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:33 -0700, Sreeram Akella wrote:
Hi,
I am using GTK version 2.8.9 on Fedora Core 6.
I need to develop an application that lists all top level windows along
with the corresponding titles. I tried using the method
gdk_windows_get_toplevels() to return the GList of all top level windows
on the default screen on the default display. When I check the count of
the list returned, I always get 1 irrespective of the number of GUI
applications I am running.

It returns the number of top-level windows in _an_ application.  It
doesn't have a way to reach through the X server and query which X apps
are gtk apps, and query them for how many top-level windows _they_ have.

Each of your apps (that you've instrumented) apparently have only one
top-level window.  gtk supports having more than one top-level window in
an application, but apparently none of the apps in which you make that
call are using more than 1.

  // Wally

--
Wallace Owen L-3Com com