GTK+ - hide window when minimized

Hello,

i'd like to hide my top level window, when user minimizes it. I mean, i don't want the window to be in the task bar - i want to hide it (not minimize it). Can someone help me with this? I've already managed to do that when user closes the window - but with this, i just can't do it. I tried to hide the window in a signal 'window-state-event' handler, but when i did that, window minimized, went from taskbar, then showed up again and it went on and on and on... i had to make hard restart (couldn't figured out how to switch to the console from xfce...),
which i never did with linux (i am a good programmer ;-)).

Any help would be apretiated.
Thanks in advance,

Przemu