Editing a Large Amount of Data Containing Many Fields

I'm looking for a way to allow a user to edit multiple files of data. Each file contains many records/rows. And each record contains many fields/columns.

I'm not deeply familiar with treeviews in GTK but from what I know it seems to me that using a treeview to facilitate editing many records containing many fields would be cumbersome for the user, especially getting from field to field.

If I'm wrong please let me know. Maybe someone can point me to a GTK program which allows editing a large amount of data.

If there are alternatives in GTK for editing large data please let me know.

I would prefer to edit the data utilizing GTK but I'm open to any suggestions or ideas.

TIA.

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net