Re: GtkImageMenuItem size incorrect

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 04:42:45PM +0530, Gaurav Jain wrote:

Thanks Yeti for the information!  One more help please - could you
please tell me how to pack an image + Label to a GtkMenuItem?  I'm
unsure how you managed this, because if I try to replace the existing
child label in the GtkMenuItem with a hbox containing both an image
and label it doesn't work.

It should.  You can't mimic the GtkImageMenuItem layout (at
least not easily), so you can't mix GtkImageMenuItems and
manually created menu items with images in one menu, but if
you have images with atypical sizes, you probably want to
control the packing more precisely anyway.

IMO the whole thing is broken conceptually somehow, because
GtkMenuShell uses toggle_size_request() method to obtain the
size of the image part of the menu item -- which is *one*
number, not two.  And this one number is then happily used
in both width and height calculations.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/