Adding Text to a widget from a button_press_event Or Pop Up window from a time event.

Hi everyone. I don't if is it possible but..
I would like add text everytime i do a button_press_event on a widget(in
this case a drawing area), in a text area or what ever that everytime clicks
on it, writes the position of the event mean... a history of the clicks im
doing of my drawing area.
Actually i have a pop up window everytime I click on the drawing area but
its not useful cuz quickly the screen get full of annoying popup windows.
Another method Im thincking is a time event. I mean, stop the cursor on x,y
of the screen.for maybe 2 seconds and this pops up a window telling the x,y
information and when you move(change the cursor position) dissapears the the
popup window. Exist any widget like this???? I was looking and in gtk+ it
seems like doesnt exits.
Anyone has done something like this???
Every tip it would be great.
Thank you very much.