Re: Verifying input data before gtk_dialog_run returns

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 10:51:42PM +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
Is there a recommended way to check if the data in a dialog is valid
when the user  presses the OK button? If the data is not OK I want to
present a modal dialog saying there is an error. If the user closes
that dialog the user can correct the error and press OK again.

You can read the values, otherwise you would not be able to
use the dialog at all.

The dialog does not close itself on OK, you always
explicitly destroy it.

So you can read the values and *not* destroy the dialog if
you don't like them (and display another dialog, etc.),
right?  See also the recusrive dialogs in my last post
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-March/msg00154.html).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/