Re: is there a g_option_print_usage() command?

James

Thanks for the example. I think it shows I wasn't clear in my initial message because if I run the example (I stripped-out the libnotify stuff as it wasn't on my system):

raj tardy:~/netperf4_gobject$ /tmp/example --help
Usage:
example [OPTION...] - APCUPSD Commandline Notification Utility GPL2 [2007] <Skoona users sourceforge net>

Help Options:
-?, --help Show help options

Application Options:
-t, --title=Uninterruptible Power Supply Title text on msg box -m, --message=message Message body text -i, --icon-name=gtk-dialog-info ...-warning ...-error icon to include next to message -s, --show-seconds=10 seconds to display message

raj tardy:~/netperf4_gobject$ /tmp/exmaple --bogus
-bash: /tmp/exmaple: No such file or directory
raj tardy:~/netperf4_gobject$ /tmp/example --bogus

** (example:9372): WARNING **: Parse command line failed: Unknown option --bogus

What I am after is some way to display the same text as --help when one uses a bogus command-line option. In other words I don't just want to tell them that --bogus is a bogus option, I want to tell them what the non-bogus options are. Since --help already does that, I was looking for a call I could make to cause that same text to be emitted - rather like one would used to do with a hand-built "usage string." Now that the g_option_mumble stuff is emitting the equivalent to a usage string for --help I want to use that rather than build a second one in parallel.

rick jones