Re: Fixing size of window containing 2 buttons

Jeffrey Barish wrote:

The documentation for set_size_request says that the method sets the
minimum size of a widget to the values specified by width and height.
That's what I want.  Why isn't it doing that?

The trick is that by the time the buttons get sized, the window has already
been sized.  I capture the size_allocate event for the buttons, call
set_size_request on the window (with dimensions based on the size of the
buttons), and then call queue_resize on the window.  Simple, once you know
what you're doing.
--
Jeffrey Barish