trying to launch a dialog from outside the main gui thread by emiting a signal to the thread.

Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 15:27 -0500 schrieb
gtk-app-devel-list-request gnome org:
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x995)!
Xlib: sequence lost (0x108c7 > 0xfd) in reply type 0x8!
Xlib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0xfd) in reply type 0x0!

I do know that only the primary GUI thread is allowed to handle X
calls
which is why I had the signal handler launching my dialog.  I have
tried
googling for information but Im not finding much.

Whenever I got "unexpected async reply" calling XInitThreads very early
in program startup fixed the issue.

HTH,

Karl.