Re: Compile GtK and develop in Windows environment...

Ganesh Kumar escribió:
Hi every body,,

I am a linux user .. past 2 years i am working in Linux.. I have used Gtk for GUI develop .. I want to develop some GUI in Windows too.. I know that there are VB and VC++ available.. but i want to do with GTK only..

Any one could u tell me how to use our Gtk to develop and compile,execute...
       What are the requirement have to build on Windows OS...

Well, in gtk.org you will find any documentation about compiling. In the link "other documentation" you will find "Building GTK apps for MS Windows on Linux <http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/%7Ecottrell/cross-gtk/>" and a very usefull slides called Windows portability for GNOME software <http://www.iki.fi/tml/fosdem-2006.pdf> - made by Tor Llilqvist (probably the person who more knows about this in the world).

I actually making a little program (and i will probably have to make others) to run under Gnu/Linux and Win32 environment.

1) Under Win32 you need to install GTK libraries (provided in the web), the dll package libraries to Win32 2) I'm ("cross") building from Linux, and when i have the *.exe I test in other machine (i have in my table two machines, one have Debian Sarge with 2.6.17.1 kernel) and WinXP in the other one.

Try to follow the first paper I'm telling you above and when anything doesnt work ask to the list.

I advise you that this kind of job is a bit complex and any diferences between Win32 platform and Unix philosophy can stress you... but is very beautyfull, you will learn a lot and at the end you will have a multiplatform aplication