gdk_threads_set_lock_functions

hi,

what does "temporarily" mean here:

gdk_threads_set_lock_functions: "[...] When GTK+ unlocks the GTK+ lock
when entering a recursive main loop, the application must temporarily
release its lock as well."

Does that mean (A) that GTK+ sometimes simply tells me that it has
done its tasks and I can take over -- or (B) that there are some
temporary "high priority tasks" for GTK+ which need immediate unlocking
(even though it is locked by some thread), so a simple recursive lock
would not be enough as a replacement for gdk_threads_enter/leave?

The background: When I use gdk_threads_set_lock_functions() together
with my recursive locks they are sometimes tried to be unlocked by a
thread not being owner (while the owner is always the main thread in
that situation).

Felix