Re: Changing the style properties?

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 15:04 +0200, Felipe wrote:
Hi,

I want to remove the horizontal separators of a tree view, but the corresponding property is read only[1]. I assume that this style property can be changed in some way, but how?

you can change the style properties only by parsing a new resource
file/buffer. you don't want to do that, though, because it's the user's
theme that should decide whether tree views should or should not have
separators between rows.

you can ship your own theme with your application, if that's what you
want, but your app will always look out of place with the rest of gtk+
applications running.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

Hi Emmanuele,

thanks. Now I know that the style properties are normally modified with the help of a resource file (that was very important). I will try to implement such a file in my application because my GUI looks really ugly with horizontal and vertical separators.

Thanks and if you know some howtos about the mentioned topic please let me know.

Felipe