gtk_text_buffer_get_text with tags

Hello,

sorry for crosspostings, already asked this on the gtk-list
but I think this was wrong place.

I'm using a GtkTextBuffer with tags in my program and I would
like to know how I can get the content of the buffer *including*
the tags. I want to pass this string over to pango for rendering
because I need a "raw" RGB texture of the text. This already
works but gtk_text_buffer_get_text() does not include the tags.
Do I have to walk down the tag table and concatenate the segments
of the text with the tags myself or is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Leander