Re: GSlice: g_thread_init() must be called before all other GLib functions;

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 15:53 +0200, John Zoidberg wrote:
[...]

How can I get rid of this warning the correct way?
Where am I supposed to place the g_thread_init() call?

Put it before gtk_init(), and before initializing any
libraries that might also use threading.

The "undefined reference" error you are getting looks
like a link error, not a compiler error. Is it possible
that you have a glib compiled without threads ?
or that your libgthread.so is missing or installed in
a strange place ?

did you compile your app to look for libgthread ?

ldd myapp | grep gthread

should tell you if and where your app is looking for the
gthread library.

Cheers,
                     -Tristan