treeview: seg fault When Collapsing a Row Containg a Selected Item

I have a treeview/treestore containing many top-level rows. Each top-level row contains many children. The treeview works fine except for one thing. If the user expands a top-level row, selects a child, and then collapses that row the program seg faults with the console error:

gtk_tree_store_get_value: assertion `iter->stamp == GTK_TREE_STORE (tree_model)->stamp' failed
gtype.c:3351: type id `0' is invalid
can't peek value table for type `<invalid>' which is not currently referenced

The treeview works fine if the user never collapses the row and goes on to make another selection, either in that same top-level or a different top-level. Also, if a row is expanded and then collapsed with no child being selected it works fine.

As an aside (?), I tried gtk_tree_selection_unselect_iter() on the child after it was selected and got a seg fault and the same error as noted above at the point the gtk_tree_selection_unselect_iter() was executed.

Can someone tell me what might need to be done to avoid the seg fault?

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net