Re: Disable ALL keybindings for a specific widgit?

On 6/15/07, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <ekalin bol com br> wrote:
On 6/14/07, Justin Stallard <darkfloyd7 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've looked through the tutorial, faq, API doc, and even google and I
> can't seem to find out if there's some way to unbind all the
> keybindings associated with a particular widgit. Is there?
>
> What I want to have is this:
> A GtkEntry that does not respond to "Left", "Right", "Insert", or any
> other keybindings or key presses so that I can handle them myself as
> key_press_events.

Well, if you connect a function to key-press-event and return TRUE,
the default handler (that does all that) is not run, and the default
action does not happen.

When I return FALSE from my callback function, pressing "Tab" would
cause the "key-press-event" to be first handled by my function, and
then by the default. Returning TRUE gives me the result I want, and
"Tab" is only handled by my function. The following keys, however,
still do not get handled by my signal handler at all, in either case:
BackSpace
Return
Menu
Insert
End
Left
Right
KP_Enter

Are these keys handled some other way? What am I not understanding here?