Notebooks problem

Good evening.
I have a problem with labels inside a notebook. The function
gtk_notebook_append_page() uses a frame and a label as arguments,
and this appending process must be repeated for each tab of the notebook.
I use a for statement to create a notebook with as many tabs as
needed, but actually I giving all the tabs a predefined label
(with progressive numbers).
How can I change the text of a label after it has been created?
Thanks a lot!

Omar Crea