Re: drawing to textview's gdk_window

I now connected the expose-event signal to a callback function that
draws a rectangle to the widget. The problem is that the font is under
the rect. if I call g_signal_connect_after() and no text appears if I
call g_signal_connect() but the rect is visible.
I get the GdkWindow of the textview using:
win = gtk_text_view_get_window(GTK_TEXT_VIEW(widget),
GTK_TEXT_WINDOW_TEXT);

I want the rect to be in the background of the textview. Is there any
way to do that?

Greets,
Luka

Dne 08.06.2007 (pet) ob 08:32 -0700 je Chris Sparks zapisal(a):
Luka,

Sounds like an expose event needs to be signaled.  I use GDK only and
not GTK so I am not sure
how much of GTK is doing event processing.

Chris
Hello. I'm trying to draw a rectangle of a textview's background
GdkWindow. First I get the gdk_window of the textview and and then try
ot draw on it. But it doesn't work. Why?

-----------------
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{

    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *text;
    GdkGC *gc;
    GdkColor color1, color2;
    GdkWindow *win;
    gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

    window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
    text = gtk_text_view_new();
    gtk_widget_show(text);
    gtk_container_add(window, text);
    gtk_widget_show_all(window);
    gtk_widget_realize(text);

    win = gtk_text_view_get_window(text, GTK_TEXT_WINDOW_WIDGET);
    gc = gdk_gc_new(win);
    gdk_color_parse("red", &color1);
    gdk_gc_set_foreground(gc, &color1);
    gdk_color_parse("black", &color2);
    gdk_gc_set_background(gc, &color2);
    gdk_gc_set_fill(gc, GDK_SOLID);

    gdk_draw_rectangle(win, gc, TRUE, 1, 1, 20, 20);

    gtk_widget_set_size_request(window, 500, 400);
    gtk_main();
    return 0;
}

Greets,