Re: gdk_pixbuf_save question

Kevin DeKorte wrote:
Is there a way to add a "creator" tag when saving a jpeg image using
gdk_pixbuf_save.

For example I would like to put the name of my program in the jpeg image
so that I know what created that image. Even setting some if the EXIF
data would be ok. Is there any way to do that?

The gdk_pixbuf routines do not support saving exif data.

You would need to save your jpeg file, then use libexif, exiv2, or another library to write the exif data to the jpeg (i.e., a second file write). gThumb, for example, uses libexif.

- Mike