Re: How do I remove the close button from a window in Fedora Core 5?

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:44:40AM -0700, Jonathan Cooper wrote:
I am not sure why, but the "GTK_WIDGET (window)->window" is false (which
I suspect means I am actually getting a NULL value for
g_type_instance_cast() which is used by the GTK_WIDGET macro).  Since
the Gtk::Window::gobj() function returns a GtkWindow*, I do not
understand why this is failing.  I would appreciate any advice on what I
am doing wrong...or if there is an easier way to do this.

It means that, for whatever reason, your GTK widget doesn't yet have a
GDK window.  Looking at the source code for GtkWindow reveals that it
doesn't get a window until it is realized.  So you probably want to do
the set_functions call in a realize signal handler.

- Michael