realization GTK/GDK

Hello,

We have a project where we are integrating wxWidgets framework with and existing X application and using GTK. We have create a dummy wxTopLevelWindow that is a transparent container that matches the size of the given X window. I have tried to create a wxTopLevelWindow that simply wraps the given X Window, but that does not appear to get the GTK widgets "realized". It works with Strait X but does work with GTK/GDK. Would you have example or information on realization for GTK/GDK?

Thanks

Wayne Wiblin Jr.