Problem with GUI on removing frames: Additional Information

Hi,

I have a GUI displayed using xpm files.

When I use a frame as a container for all the widgets in my GUI then my
GUI looks exactly the way I want it.

However, I now want to get rid of the frame and on doing so, I see dark
highlights in certain areas of the GUI.

I also notice the fact that the highlights appear when:

A button is selected the dark highlight appears in the area around the
button and,

Text is modified then the entire area allocated for the text is
surrounded by a dark highlight.

When I reintroduce the frame, everything works fine.

My target is to get rid of the border that appears when we use a frame
or else

get rid of the frame to get rid of the border.

P.S. I am using gtk-directfb as the display platform and the application
is compiled on the arm-linux compiler.

Kaushik