Re: Multiple threads and gtk_main()

On 7/11/07, Gabriele Greco <gabriele greco darts it> wrote:

Jonathan Winterflood wrote:
> Could the GAsyncQueue be configured to run a callback in the main thread
> when a element (or whatever gets pushed into it) is ready, just like one
> woud do with a GIOChannel ?
>
> It would be cleaner than a timeout or an idle function I think.

That will be the ideal solution, but unfortunately I fear there is no
API to hook an asyncqueue to a giochannel or straight to the main loop.

--
Bye,
Gabry

Indeed, it seems so...
What about creating a couple of GIOChannels and using them the same as a
pipe, but inside the program (then just pass pointers through it, the same
as with the asynqueue?)

I'm not sure it's possible though, just probing...

Jonathan
--
<Morpheus> linux, c'est une question de VI ou de MORE