Simple video playing with SDL

Someone can point me some code that does video playback using *only* GTK?

If the code is not available also some directions will be enough:

- What kind of widget to use? (GtkDrawingArea, GtkImage...)
- How to handle double buffering? (perform a queue_draw after each frame
update?)
- How to blit efficiently my data (what pixel format is best suited, I
have to use my yuv -> rgb conversion code? RGB24? ARGB? RGBA?)
- It's SDL blit architecture optimized enough for video playing?

I don't need big performance, I've a small 352x288 10fps stream, my
actual solution is using SDL on a GtkDrawingArea with the SDL_WINDOWID
hack. It works both on win32 and linux, but I'd like a cleaner
architecture....

--
Bye,
 Gabry