Re: semitransparent widget

2007/1/25, Eduardo M Kalinowski <ekalin bol com br>:
> how to create a semitransparent widget on linux box running gtk libraries.
> i find that xcomposite extension and cairo libraries are required to do
> this.
> i want to create this for a media player application.
You've asked this several times already. If nobody could help, asking repeatedly will not help you.

Yeah, it upsets a little.

As you said, you need cairo, as the graphic library, and a composite
manager as the windowing system. It could be hardware compositors as
XGL,or AIGLX, it could be software compositors, like xcompmngr.

You need to know how to make a gtk widget first if you want to
encapsulate this code.

You only need to paint to a cairo surface, you can learn in:
http://cairographics.org/samples/

very simple demo I love is http://plan99.net/~mike/blog/?p=38
and Macslow one:
http://macslow.thepimp.net/?p=26
there are very useful info in Macslow site.

I send you and example of  a widget with transparency.

Best regards