Re: GLib 2.12.8 released

On 1/16/07, Marcin Banasiak <megabajt pld-linux org> wrote:
Thanks for the work, but I don't understand, why you modified ABI
without changing soname. Now some application crashes, for example
liferea:

/usr/bin/liferea-bin: Symbol `g_thread_functions_for_glib_use' has
different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Segmentation fault

I found many apps / libs which need rebuild, so please in future
change soname or write some note about necessity of relinking. I
wouldn't like to find surprises like this in the future.

I'm just as surprised as you are by this. I didn't expect this change
to break a large number of applications. I'll figure out a better fix
for 2.12.9. It you want to help, you can test the patch in bug 397139.