Re: g_key_file

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 08:23:40AM -0500, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

I have an app that seemed to be working pretty well and then I added
support for updating a key_file every minute and all of a sudden my app
started leaking memory. I just want to make sure I'm not using the
key_file improperly. I seem to be losing about 100K per iteration of
this loop.

Here is the code

fprintf(file,"%s",g_key_file_to_data(sunflower->emerald_theme,NULL,NULL));

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Key-value-file-parser.html#g-key-file-to-data

g_key_file_to_data()

Returns: a newly allocated string

Moreover, fprintf(f, "%s", s); is an expensive way of doing
fputs(s, file);.  Also see g_file_set_contents() which can
set the file contents atomically.

Yeti

--
Whatever.