RE: combobox internal padding

I have the problem even when the widget does not have focus.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Pogonyshev [mailto:pogonyshev gmx net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:30 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Cc: Medora Schauer
Subject: Re: combobox internal padding

Medora Schauer wrote:
I'm using a 2.1 combobox and I want to make it as small as possible
and
still have Sans 8 characters visible in it.  The problem I'm having
is
that when I reduce the height of the combobox the characters of the
active selection get clipped at the bottom.  The characters are
getting
squeezed into a small area in the center with used area above and
below,
like there is some interior padding being enforced. I can't find any
way
to get rid of this padding (if that is what it is).

You most likely face focus padding required to draw the frame when the
combo is focused.  You may change this with an RC file, but you
seriously
risk to screw up themes here.  I'd think twice if I were you.

Paul