Re: How to capture keystrokes when GTK menu is open?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:41:10AM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:

Though, the more I think about this, I'm kind of surprised there isn't
some kind of gtk-wide configurable exception list of key's that are
passed through.  Just for apps that really do need those keystrokes!

As Tristan explained, having such a list in Gtk+ would be of
no avail.  When some window grabs the keyboard, it
essentially tells the X server `send all keyboard events to
me'.  If the window has already received the keyboard event,
it cannot tell `hey, I do not want this one, take it back
and process as if no grab existed'.

Yeti

--
Whatever.