libglade frustration redux

A the originator of this thread I will rephrase my problems and make a larger
scale complaint.

1. My original complaint was compile/linking glade output.  Thanks to M.
Torrie this problem was nicely solved and I can compile/link several examples
from various sources.

2. A side thread suggested that in order to understand the usage of a system
like libglade one should study the source.  Hmmm.  To use the C (or any
compiler) I should study the source code for the compiler???  To use the math
library I should study the library's source??  I did mess with the mathlib
source many years ago when the function 'hypot' was poorly implemented but I
have not done such a thing since.  And read the C compiler code for
understanding of how to use C---you have to be kidding.

3. Getting back to libglade.  I have searched through many pages of google to
find either a decent reference and/or tutorial for libglade.  A couple of
tutorials make halfway attempts but ultimately fail because they have no
reference manual to rely on---among other failings.  Finding a libglade
reference manual is a total failure.  There are a couple of sites which claim
to be a reference manual but I find them totally inadequate.  There is NO
reference manual for libglade that can compared to what is available for GTK.
Even the GTK reference is questionable as I find reference to GTK functions
that are not in the GTK index nor locatable in sections dealing with the
widget involved.

I would love to be proved wrong about libglade documentation so please flame
me if I am and point out my sins.  Even though I am now able to compile/link
libglade code I find that I am now stymied by lack of documentation on its
usage.
-- Havelock Ellis (1859-1939)  British psychologist