Re: how to replace a child of a GtkBox ?

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:35:02 +0200
"Zeeshan Ali Khattak" <zeenix gstreamer net> wrote:

Hi Gregory!

        - How do I remove the old object from the GtkBox ?

        - How do I "free up" the old object (image/pixbuf) ? Do I
          simply unref it ?

   You don't have to do any of these. As a general rule of thumb in
the gobject world, each object keeps it's own reference of the
objects it needs. So when you set a new child on a GtkBox object,
the GtkBox must unref the old child widget.

But don't you still first have to remove the old child?

--D.