Re: Gtk application in hindi

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 08:30 -0200, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
Naveen Kumar wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to build an application with Hindi(local language) text
for all widgets. Please guide me what is the better way to proceed for
the above.

If it'll be only in Hindi, then program normally, but with all GUI
labels, messages, etc. written directly in Hindi, using UTF-8 encoding.
If you want it to be a multilingual application supporting Hindi, again
there is nothing necessary to support Hindi specifically. Use gettext,
and then the application can be translated into any language, Hindi
included. Here are some tutorials:

http://oriya.sarovar.org/docs/gettext/

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

I also add:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-internatlgtk/index.html

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh