How to make eventbox transparent

Hi all,
I have a problem related to eventbox. I am adding a transparent image to
eventbox and that eventbox i am adding to main window which has a background
image set. i want to make the eventbox background transparent so that we can
see the main window background through the transparent image which is a
child of the eventbox. Right now the default background of the eventbox is
visible through the transparent image.
Please suggest me how to make a eventbox(which conatains a transparent image
as a child) backgorund transparent.

thanks & regards,
Sumit Kumar.