How to compile and link GTK2 Programms tobe compatibe with XFree86 and Xorg

Hello
I changed my developping system now the system openSuse uses
 Xorg  the old system used XFree86
Installed gtk 2.8 or

Building the exexutable now libraries from Xorg are included
like libXfixes.so.3 org
LivXinarema.so.1 or
libglitz.so.1

the executeable does not run under systems using XFree86
because auf missing lib.

Is there a compiler or linker switch to tell only to use
compatible calls. In simple examples like "Hello World"
the libXfixes.so.3 is not include this example runs under XFree86.

For linking I have to set -lgtk-x11-2.0 without all
gtk calls are refrenced as undefined symbols in linking.

Or may be I have to build my own gtk,gdk,glib,cairo,pango,atk
libs with special settings?

I hope there will be a possibility to build gtk programms
under newer Distibutions also runable under older Distributions.

Installing firefox under the older Distributions makes no problems
and i guess this is gtk applikation too.

Who knows about.
Thanks for help.

mfg
g.rapp

--
R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH
      Rosenbühlstr. 24

PS:
Senden Sie mir bitte keine Anhänge in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) Format
Bitte lesen Sie  http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachmentsi.de.html
Please don't send me any attachment in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) format please
Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html