Who to replace deprecated functions

Hi all!

The GTK documentation has a lot of warnings:

  "...  deprecated and should not be used in newly-written code."

In many cases I found the "newly-written code". But there are
2 situations where I can't see a non-deprecated solution":

1.) How can I replace "gtk_toolbar_append_widget()"? In concrete
    case I want to place a GtkSpinButton on a GtkToolbar. It works
    with "gtk_toolbar_append_widget()"! But the new GtkUIManager
    allows only elements which can be added to a GtkActionGroup.

    This limites the widgets to "GtkActionEntry", "GtkToggleActionEntry",
    and "GtkRadioActionEntry".

2.) How can I replace "gtk_menu_append()"? In concrete case I want
    to add and remove some "GtkMenuItem"s dynamically. After a long
    search I found that a combination of:

      gtk_action_group_add_action(...)
      gtk_ui_manager_add_ui_from_string(...)

    can append a new menu item. But how can I remove a menu item?

Any suggestions ?

--
J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik