Re: g_io_add_watch problem on OSX

hey,

 i am running through same problem but for me it worked whole way till now
and suddenly it stopped working ... it takes only 3 request from the client
and then starts ignoring client messages .....

please let me know if u solved the problem

thanks in advance..

Jacob Ole Juul Kolding wrote:

Hello

I have at problem with an old linux app I'm porting to OSX.
I have gtk installed from darwinports.

The app calls g++ using g_spawn_asyns_with_pipes and uses g_io_channels
to transfer the output from g++ to a textview.
the problem is that the io  callback function which i attach to a io watch
never runs.

there are no glib warnings when i run the code.

//code
 g_spawn_async_with_pipes(path.c_str(), arguments,
NULL,G_SPAWN_SEARCH_PATH,
                              NULL, NULL, &gpid,&in, &out, &err,&error);

io_out = g_io_channel_unix_new(out);
io_err = g_io_channel_unix_new(err);
iotag_err = g_io_add_watch(io_err, G_IO_IN, read_input, this);
iotag_out = g_io_add_watch(io_out, G_IO_IN, read_input, this);

this is my basic code.

g++ does run but read_input is never calls.

Any help appreciated

/Jacob Kolding