Re:

I'd think something like this should do:
a read-only TextView widget for feedback
with an Entry just below for user input
I guess the TextView should be flexible enough to support some formatting
(incl colors for example) even though you'd have to reparse the program's
output for command-sequences for that

Jonathan

[sorry, I forgot the list there...]