Re: Adding different tooltips to a single widget

2007/4/6, Yann Renard <yann renard mailing-lists tiscali fr>:

I have a problem with tooltips. I have a drawing aread which I use to
draw several things. I would like to provide tooltips on this drawing
area but the tooltip content should vary according to what is drawn
under the cursor and where the cursor is placed. Problem is I have a
single GtkWidget... GtkTipsQuery does not seem to fit my needs either.
What should be used in such context ?

This will be possible in a short time with goocanvas[1], Damon is
implementing the possibility to have tooltips on canvas items, maybe
it can fit your needs, this will require gtk+ 2.12 though.

(goocanvas will shortly freeze the API with a 1.0 stable release.)

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/goocanvas

cheers
--
Gian Mario Tagliaretti