Re: Adding different tooltips to a single widget
- From: Michael Ekstrand <mekstran scl ameslab gov>
- To: Yann Renard <yann renard mailing-lists tiscali fr>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Adding different tooltips to a single widget
- Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:14:19 -0500
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:47 +0200, Yann Renard wrote:
I have a problem with tooltips. I have a drawing aread which I use to
draw several things. I would like to provide tooltips on this drawing
area but the tooltip content should vary according to what is drawn
under the cursor and where the cursor is placed. Problem is I have a
single GtkWidget... GtkTipsQuery does not seem to fit my needs either.
What should be used in such context ?
I'm not sure what *should* be used before new tooltip code hits GTK+,
but I've always just re-implemented tooltips myself. Creating a popup
window with a widget name of "gtk-tooltips" gives you access to the
style, and you just have to play with spacings and drawing.
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory
Goanna, compute cluster and InfiniBand network monitor tool:
] [Thread Prev