Re: Can I implement such a function with gtk?

On 4/5/07, Kun Niu <haoniukun gmail com> wrote:
I found that there's a function called gtk_window_iconify.
I tried to add it to my delete_event function.
It worked well for me.
But I have a request that after delete_event is triggered. The minimized
window should disppear from my system toolbar(for example, at the bottom of
the screen on Windows and at the top of the screen on Gnome at present
release) and appear as a status icon.

What you really want is to withdraw the application, not iconify it.
And then simply use gtk.StatusIcon as you normally would, with mouse
clicks on the status icon to withdraw/un-withdraw the application.

Scott