GTK No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig library is not correctly configured

Hello,

I'm using the JMP tool Java memory profiler which comes up only if GTK is installed.
When I try to bring up my GUI using GTK I get the following errors.

jmp: Enabling localization.
jmp: Loaded and registered correctly.
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org
I have installed fontconfig in a user defined directory not under the default directory because I do not have
root permissions to the machine where I'm working.

These are the commands I used for installing gtk.

1) /configure --sysconfdir=/home1/ci/test/etc --prefix=/home1/ci/test --mandir=/home1/ci/test/man
2) make
3) make install

But I get the error No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. when I bring up the GUI.

Could anyone tell me why this error is happening.

Thanks in advance,
GA

Yahoo! Singapore Answers
Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know at http://answers.yahoo.com.sg