Re: Re: Internationalization of GTK Apps (change language)
- From: Madhusudan E <madhusudan huawei com>
- To: andreas stricker fela ch, jcupitt gmail com
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Re: Internationalization of GTK Apps (change language)
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:20:16 +0530
|The language change worked. It is as follows
|// Define the Macros
|#define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "gtk20"
|#define LOCALEDIR "/usr/local/share/locale/"
|In main I had set the following:
| bindtextdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, LOCALEDIR);
| bind_textdomain_codeset(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");
|Where ever language change was required, I defined the text as follows:
|and finally before running the application I had set the environmental
|variable LC_ALL to "zh_TW.Big5".
|After this setting, run the application and find the language change.
But I have query again:
How to change the language on the fly.
I tried using g_setenv ("LC_ALL", "en_US.UTF-8", TRUE);
But the change doesn't happen on the fly. ;-((
] [Thread Prev