Re: Dragging multiple objects from a TreeView

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 12:00, tomas tuxteam de wrote:
Sorry folks, I must be sitting on my brains.

I have a GtkTreeView, from which I want to drag (possibly) multiple
(selected) rows. This is a sketch of the code so far:

[snip]

All works dandy, I can select multiple rows (with CTRL- and SHIFT- as
usual), and drag them to another widget, but there's a snag: when I
click onto the GtkTreeView to start the drag, the selection is gone! :-(

(I still can test the approach by holding e.g. CTRL at the start of the
drag and letting go before the drop).

Is there a standard way to cope with that? What do you do in this cases?

GTK+ does not work like, say, KDE or windows.  You have to drag when you have
finished your multiple selection without clicking again (keep your finger on
the mouse button).  If you click again, as you say your multiple selection
will have gone.

Chris